Top nominees unveiled for GES2017_Barcelona Awards
This year, brands and retailers from across Europe and the rest of the globe vie for honors in two categories: European E-commerce Entrepreneurial Awards and Global E-commerce Awards. But who will take home the coveted trophies? Here’s the nominee short list for each category.
Record number European E-commerce Entrepreneurial Award nominees
National associations, organizations and publications put forward a record number 15 nominees from large corporations to small business enterprises in bid for the 2017 European E-commerce Entrepreneurial Awards.
The objectives of this award, to promote innovation and encourage entrepreneurship by putting the most industrious, groundbreaking, and clever operations from the European Community in the spotlight to create European role models that empower future generations.
This year’s national winners and European E-commerce Entrepreneurial Award nominees include:
- Belgium, La Redoute - www.laredoute.be
- Czech, ZOOT - www.ZOOT.cz
- Denmark, Winefamly - www.winefamly.dk
- France, Showroomprive.com - www.showroomprive.com
- Finland, Chabla - www.chabla.me
- Greece, Tripsta - www.tripsta.com
- Hungary, Lumenet - www.lumenet.hu
- Italy, Martha's Cottage - www.marthascottage.com/it/
- Ireland, Carrolls Irish Gifts - www.carrollsirishgifts.com
- Luxembourg, Annora - www.anorra.com
- The Netherlands, Zamro - www.Zamro.nl
- Poland, Sephora - www.Sephora.pl
- Portugal, UNIPLACES - www.uniplaces.com
- Spain, Ticketbis - www.ticketbis.es
- Switzerland, Old Captain Co. - www.oldcaptainco.com
As technology and consumer expectations continue to blur online, offline, and country boundaries, the focus shifts from channel excellence to the delivery of goods and experiences how, where, and when consumers demand.
Rather than focus on channel segments, the Global E-commerce Awards honor nimble brands and retailers who keep themselves open to opportunities that better service consumer (and staff) needs through the convergence of channels.
"We are happy to have a very strong list of leading online and omnichannel retailers in our top 5 this year, with representation across retail categories and geographies," says Peter Burggraaff, BCG Associate Director and Coordinator of this year’s Global E-commerce Award Jury.
The five nominees for the 2017 Global E-commerce Award include:
- Big Basket: https://www.bigbasket.com
- Bolia: https://www.bolia.com/
- Chiquelle: https://www.chiquelle.com
- IKEA: http://www.ikea.com
- Marks & Spencer: http://www.marksandspencer.com/
During the Global E-commerce Summit in Barcelona on Tuesday 13 June 2017, jury panelists will convene to identify top three contenders in each award category. Finalists for each award will then head to the Feature Stage at the end of the day, where they’ll have the attention and face the scrutiny of the Global E-commerce Summit (GES) general audience.
In just 2 minutes, finalists will need to present their honed elevator pitch before fielding questions – this time from GES attendees. And it’s the GES general audience who’ll vote for which finalists takes home the Gold, Silver or Bronze awards at the Global E-commerce Summit this year.
Come celebrate e-commerce and its entrepreneurial spirit with fellow e-commerce eco-system professionals. Join Ecommerce Europe as they announce both European E-commerce Entrepreneurial and Global E-commerce award winners at the Global E-commerce Summit on Tuesday 13 June, at the Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I in Barcelona.
Visit Global E-commerce Summit for more information about the event.